1/4/13

Homemade Baked Mac and Cheese


Okay no matter what get together I have everyone I know request that I make my homemade mac and cheese, its always a hit at any get together I have so I am going to share my recipe I created myself with my readers.


This makes approximately 2 pounds of Baked Mac and Cheese, I usually make that much or more depending on the size of the get together. You can alter the ingredients if you like to make more or less.




2 pounds of elbow macaroni
1 half of brick of Velveeta cheese 
1 half of regular cream cheese
1 package of sharp cheddar cheese
1 package of monetary jack cheese
1 package of Colby cheese
 1/2 cup of milk
salt and pepper (as much as you like)

Boil the macaroni until it almost cooked (al dente')
Drain the macaroni and put it in a baking dish
Add the cream cheese to the hot macaroni until it blend through
Cut all the cheese into rectangles and add all of it to the macaroni,
Add the milk and salt and pepper, bake at 350 degrees until cheese had melted
you will have to keep checking it and pull it out and stir it a few times put it back in
until all the cheese is fully melted. And that's it, I am sure you will get lots of compliments!

Add a twist and substitute the Monetary jack cheese for Pepper Jack cheese, it tastes great!!

This recipe is not low fat in anyway, this is my cheat meal I only make during get together's or the holidays
It's defiantly a comfort food though.

No comments:

Post a Comment